Preparation Centre for the Games :
The town of Saint-Pierre d’Oléron has been approved as a “Terre de Jeux 2024”, a quality mark given by the Paris 2024 organisation that is a source of dynamism for the whole of the island, home to a Preparation Centre for the Games that welcomes top-flight athletes!
A partnership between actors from the sport and the tourism industries has enabled sports federations that wish to train on the island to benefit from an exceptional welcome.
But what is a Preparation Centre for the Games (PCG)?
A sports centre that matches the specifications of Paris 2024 in order to welcome top-level international federations during preparations for their sport.
Already hosted on the sports center
Over the years, the centre has welcomed preparatory sessions for a variety of top-level teams:
- the Under-17 Tunisian men’s handball team in 2016
- the junior French and German handball teams during Franco-German exchanges in 2014 and 2018,
- A training session for Stade Rochelais, a TOP 14 rugby team,
- The French Taekwondo team in 2018 …
And also events that no longer need promoting:
- The European military football championships in 2014,
- An international Taekwondo course held on a regular basis since 2007,
- The Category A Fort Boyard judo tournament,
- Holidays arranged by the Charente-Maritime Olympics committee, CDOS17 …