National and international airports are close by:
- La Rochelle is about an hour by road from Saint-Pierre d’Oléron, 80km
- Bordeaux-Mérignac is 2hours 15 minutes by road
- Nantes-Atlantique is 2 hours 15 minutes by road
- Poitiers-Biard is 2 hours 30 minutes by road
Fifty-minute crossings from April to November from La Rochelle to Boyardville marina.
Timings depend on the tides. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
Connecting buses are available from the rail stations at La Rochelle, Rochefort, Surgères and Saintes to the island.
- Rochefort station is 45 minutes by road
- Surgères TGV station is 1 hour 15 minutes by road
- La Rochelle TGV station is 1 hour 10 minutes by road (regular direct TGV from Paris and by TER from Bordeaux)
Enjoy the journey across the viaduct that links the island to the mainland. A feast for the eyes!
From Bordeaux or Paris, take the A10 motorway, leave at junction 35 at Saintes and follow signs île d’Oléron.
From Nantes, follow the motorway to the exit for La Rochelle then follow signs La Rochelle, Rochefort and île d’Oléron.